Bluetooth Earphones Vs. Headphones: Which is Better?
When shopping to look for a personal sound system, there may arise a question as to which of them is better a Bluetooth earphone or headphones. What about the sound quality and performance? Which of them is better? When compared to earphones, headphones tend to provide an efficient sound quality for the majority of the people.
Bluetooth Headphones and earphones have some common features:
- Minimal exterior
- Long battery life
- Audio sharing
- Comfortable to wear
- Touch interface enabled controls
- Smart pause or play
- Sleek in design
- Excellent sound
- Active cancellation of noise
- Neckband styled
Bluetooth Earphones Vs. Headphones
- Earphone audio drivers range is 7mm-15mm, whereas Headphones’ audio driver’s range is 40mm-to-50mm.
- Headphones get the optimum advantage from larger drivers, which provide smoother and better bass. They also give a constant performance in the overall audio spectrum from low to high frequencies. Earphones, on the other hand, are capable of providing bass-rich and deep. However, they handle their range of audio drivers, which are within or near to the ear canal.
- There is a lot more space to music with headphones. One can generally have a good experience with the soundstage and width of music. One can feel the bass, guitar, vocals, and drums to spread in and out around you in headphones. Enjoy with your eyes closed to get this experience. It doesn’t feel as if the music is trapped in your head like in an earphone.
- Any personal audio listening device will sound best when the fit to the ear is right and comfortable. With different sizes of ear canals of everyone, a right fit to a hundred percent lacks. Though a majority of the earphones fit most of the ear canals, a perfect fit is harder to find. There is also some leakage in the audio if the earphone doesn’t fit appropriately in your ear canal. Headphones, however, do not need a precise fit as they are shaped to fit outside of the ear. The external noise is isolated from the external fit. Hence the listeners get purer audio and best bass without increasing the volume too high or very high.
- A less fussy fit also means comfort and convenience. A headphone can provide both. They don’t fall out more often as earphones and can be worn for longer time frames. Headphones give better noise cancellation as well with the right fit.
- Earphones, however, provide better sonic audio and also fit sweaty atmosphere like in jogging or running, unlike headphones, which tend to heat trap on the ears, making them uncomfortable to wear.
- Bluetooth Earphones are also portable compared to headphones. They are foldable and compact, fitting in a pocket. It is, therefore, easy to carry as compared to headphones.
Hence, when it comes to portability and easy to carry situation, earphones are better as having a personal audio listening device with better audio is better than not having one with excellent quality audio. But, when it comes to audio quality, headphones are better than earphones due to the above-listed reasons.